New guidelines for Driving License and Certificate of Registration: Aadhar based online process for 18 services
On 4th March 2021, the Ministry of Road and Transport Highways (MORTH India) issued a statement regarding the new Driving license and Certificate of Registration rules.
According to the documents they released on their Twitter, a total of eighteen services now won’t require you to visit the RTO office which will reduce the burden on the office as well as the individual involved as they can apply online directly. This will also improve the efficiency of the office.
The tweet from MORTHIndia read, “Certain services regarding Driving License and Certificate of Registration have been made completely online. Now, these services can be availed without going to RTO. With Aadhaar authentication, on a voluntary basis, anyone can get the benefit of these contactless services.”
This news comes right after the government issuing a draft notification to link the driving license and RC with the 12 digits unique identity number assigned to every Indian citizen.
According to the ministry, this move will reduce the compliance burden on citizens and will allow them to avail these services in a much better, hassle-free, contact-less manner.
This will also reduce the burden on the RTO office, which will increase the efficiency of the RTO offices.
The contactless services for which you would only need your Aadhaar authentication are as followed:
1) Learner’s license
2) Renewal of Driving Licence for which test of competence is not required anymore
3) Duplicate Driving License
4) Change of address in Driving License and Certificate of registration
5) Issue of International Driving Permit
6) Surrender of Class of Vehicle from License
7) Application for temporary registration of the motor vehicle
8) Application for Registration of motor vehicle with a fully built body
9) Application for issue of duplicate Certificate of Registration
10) Application for Grant of NOC For Certificate of Registration
11) Notice of Transfer of Ownership of a vehicle
12) Application for Transfer of Ownership of the motor vehicle
13) Intimation of Change of Address in Certificate of Registration
14) Application for registration for driver training from Accredited Driver Training Centre
15) Application for registration of motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer
16) Application for assignment of Fresh Registration Mark of the motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer
17) Endorsement of hire-purchase agreement
18) Termination of hire-purchase agreement