MS Dhoni announces retirement, 7 facts about our captain cool!
Mahendra Singh Dhoni remains India’s most successful cricketer even after retiring from international cricket. Born in the Ranchi district of Jharkhand, Captain cool celebrated his 35th birthday on 7th July. He has an elder brother named Narendra and a younger sister named Jayanti. Dhoni’s brother Narendra used to live in their family village Almora, but after MS Dhoni’s rise in cricket, he has also shifted to Ranchi.
Name – Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Nickname – Mahi, Captain Cool
Jersey Number – 7
DOB – 7 July 1981
Birthplace – Ranchi, Jharkhand
Spouse – Sakshi Dhoni on 4 July 2010
Batting Style – Right-handed
Bowling Style – Right-arm medium
ODI debut – 23 December 2004 v Bangladesh
Test debut – 2 December 2005 v Sri Lanka
T20I debut – 1 December 2006 v South Africa
Here’s a list of 7 interesting things about our Captain Cool that you would love to know.
1) The first love of India’s most successful captain was football. He was the goalkeeper for his school team. He now owns the Chennaiyin FC team in the Indian Super League.
2) MS Dhoni has the most number of sixes by any captain in International cricket matches. He also holds the record for playing the most number of international matches as captain.
3) Dhoni also has a love for motor racing. He founded a team called Mahi Racing Team, an FIM Supersport World Championship team. He co-owns the team along with Telugu Film Star Actor Akkineni Nagarjuna.
4) Mahendra Singh Dhoni is a big fan of motorbikes and cars. He has over two dozen motorbikes and many expensive cars, including SUV Hummer.
5) In 2011, Mahendra Singh Dhoni was made an honorary lieutenant colonel in the Indian Army. It was his childhood dream to be a part of the Indian Army.
6) Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the only captain who has won all three major ICC trophies. Under the captaincy of our Captain Cool, India won the ICC World-T20 in 2007, Cricket World Cup in 2011, and ICC Champions Trophy in 2013.
7) Dhoni is currently advertising for 20 brands which include big names like, Reebok, Pepsi. He is the second-most advertised celebrity after Shahrukh Khan, who works for over 21 brands