Indore’s in the Top 4 for India Smart Cities Award Contest 2020
Great news for Indori everywhere! Indore has managed to beaten 100 various cities from all across India by staying in the Top 4 slot for the India Smart Cities Award Contest 2020. After this, Indore has gotten into the final stage of the selection process. This contest is organized by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs under the Smart Cities Mission.
Indore had participated in all 12 categories of awards and sent 20 projects for the nomination. Out of which nine projects were selected for seven categories of the awards. The 5 categories where Indore wasn’t selected are Governance, Social Aspects, Urban Environment, Urban Mobility, and Water. In 2019, Indore’s Smart City plan has won the award for River Front Development category.
In an official statement, the officials said, “There are three stages of selection in which 100 smart cities participate. For the first stage, the smart city’s basic details are taken. In the second, only the top 4 cities get selected for 12 categories and in the final stage, the presentation process takes place in which for every category, one smart city gets selected.”
CATEGORIES AND PROJECTS:
1. Built Environment – Indore Chappan Dukaan
2. Culture – Conservation of Heritage
3. Innovation awards – Carbon Credit Financing and Mechanism
4. Economy – Carbon Credit Financing and Mechanism
Value Capture Finance
5. Sanitation – MRF (Material Recovery Facility for Dry Municipal Waste
– Bio CNG Plant
6. Sustainable Business Model – Integrated Command and Control Center
7. Covid-19 Innovation Award
8. Smart City of the Year – (This award is given to a smart city based on overall presentation)